Arab-Israel Conflict - Forgotten Facts! - Intro1
for more information please visit: www.shamrak.com
The term "Palestinian" is itself a masterful twisting of history. To portray themselves as indigenous, Arab settlers adopted the name of an ancient Mediterranean tribe, the Philistines ("Invaders" in Hebrew), that disappeared out over almost 3000 years ago. The connection between this tribe and modern day Arabs is nil. Romans, in order to conceal their shame and anger with rebellious regions, changed the references to
1. Nationhood and
2. Since 1272 BCE the Jews have had dominion over the land for up to 1,000 years with a continuous Jewish presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
3. The only Arab dominion since the Arab invasion andconquest in 635 C.E. lasted no more than 22 years.
4. King David founded the city of
5. For over 3,000 years,
7. Jews pray facing
8. In 1854, according to a report in the New York Tribune, Jews constituted two-thirds of the population of that holy city. (The source: A journalist on assignment in the
9. In 1867, Mark Twain took a tour of
10. In 1882, official Ottoman Turk census figures showed that, in the entire Land of Israel, there were only 141 000 Muslims, both Arab and non-Arab.
11. A travel guide to
12. As the Jews came and drained the swamps and made the deserts bloom, Arabs followed. They came for jobs, for prosperity, for freedom. And, they came in large numbers.
13. In 1922, with what was widely acknowledged as the illegal attempt to separate Trans-Jordan - East side of the Jordan river, the Jews were forbidden to settle on almost 77% of the Palestine, while Arab settlement went unrestricted and encouraged by British mandatory authority.
14. Prior to the Second World War Mojli Amin, a member of the Arab Defense Committee for
15. Did you know that
16. In 1947, the Jewish state huddled on 18% of the original British Mandate land. The Jews accepted it gratefully. The Arabs rejected it with a vengeance and seven Arab states immediately declared war against
17. In 1948, the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave
18. Some 850,000 Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab countries, due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
19. The number of Arab refugees who left
20. From 1948 till 1967 Arabs made no attempt to create a Palestinian state. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated, 58 synagogues in
21. Arabs began identifying themselves as part of aPalestinian people in 1964 only , on the initiative of Egyptian-born Yasser Arafat. The idea became popular Arab propaganda tool after
22. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, Arab-Palestinians are the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into
23. Arab refugees INTENTIONALLY were not absorbed or integrated by the rich Arab oil states that control 99.9 percent of the
24. There is only one Jewish state. There are 60 Muslim countries, including 22 Arab nations.
25. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel.
26. Pan-Arabism or the doctrine of Muslim Caliphate declares that all land that used to belong to Muslims must be returned to them. Thus,
Ethnic Make Up of 'Palestinians'.
Arab Palestinian nationality (which was officially forged in 1964) is an entity defined by its opposition to Zionism (the Jewish national liberation movement) and not by its national aspirations.
Like a mantra, Arabs repeatedly claim that the Palestinians are a native people of
Until the Jews began returning to the
1880-84 Turkish government settles Muslim Circassian refugees in the Golan to ward off Bedouin robbers. Other settlers in the area include Sudanese, Algerians, Kurds...
In 1878, an Ottoman law granted lands in
The same colonization policy was also directed toward Moslem refugees from
British Mandate: 1917-1947.
1923 Having discovered the Golan lacks oil but that the
In 1934 alone, 30,000 Syrian Arabs from the Hauran moved across the northern frontier into Mandate Palestine, attracted by work in and around the newly built British port and the construction of other infrastructure projects. They even dubbed
The Ottoman Turks' census (1882) recorded only 141,000 Muslims in the Palestinian. The British census in 1922 reported 650,000 Muslims.
General Assembly resolution 181, on
Security Council resolution 242 , Nov. 22, 1967: It calls for "withdrawal of Israel armed forces from territories occupied" in the 1967 Six Day War and for "respect for and acknowledgment of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force." The resolution was not carried out because the Arab side did not recognize
Why Left or Right?
by Steven Shamrak
One of the major distinctions between humans and animals is that we have analytical intellect. At the same time, we base most of our ideas and form opinions on our emotions, beliefs and assumptions, not on facts. Blinded by personal psycho-emotional history, people dismiss logic of the facts and create assumption to fit and support their own belief structure. Completely opposite ideologies: Lefties, Fascists and Islamic expansionists/terrorists found themselves united on one issue only - Hate toward Jews. Quite often, I receive mail from them. Those messages are mainly just rhetoric based on preconceived ideas and psycho-emotional cocktail.
I have never received letters that would contradict the historical facts about: Right of Jewish people to their homeland - "
But, I am often accused of being:
Anti-Arab or Muslim. - As a member of the Jewish tribe, with thousands of years being the victims in history of persecution and discrimination , I can assure you that my view are not Anti-something. I just express a pro-Jewish point of view based on facts not legends. At the same time, I do respect the freedom and rights of any religion and political point of view, even the fascist one, as long as they do not infringe on the rights of others.
Too emotional. - Arab leaders and clerics, often seen on TV, fumigating when they talk about
Too Right wing. - I do not consider myself Right or Left wing. I base my ideas and views on facts not emotions. There are too many people (including many Jews) who are very eager to promote, self-destructive, Left wing views. Actually, I can't understand why, in relation to
Eleven years have passed since I started to send my letters out. I often asked one question: Why do you do it? I would like to answer it here:
Unfortunately, most people, including many Jews, are driven by emotions. They form their opinions under the influence of the manipulative world media and their own psychological predispositions, ignoring facts and logic.
I try to disseminate several points in my letters:
· UN anti-Israel bias and Double-standard is applied to
· Jewish people have the right to live in peace on the land of their ancestors.
· There are 60 Muslim countries, including 22 Arab ones. They have enough land to accommodate all Arabs.
· Negotiation will not stop terrorism. It only makes it stronger.
Elie Wiesel said: "The opposite of love is not hate, it s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."
As members of Western democratic society we all have an obligation to fight indifference and protect our way of life - Democracy - Social justice and freedom of speech. The blind
NOTE: You either have requested or been introduced to my mail list by one of my readers. If you wish to unsubscribe from this distribution list, please reply and write the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject line. I hope you enjoyed reading my letters.